Thursday, March 7, 2013

paper moon

I have always wanted my own photograph of me (and some dream lover, of course) in one of these vintage paper moon photo booths that, it seems, used to be so popular. In fact, it's been my dream to get one of those photographs taken ever since I saw the delightful film "Paper Moon" as a child, and I even came close once at a local 1920's carnival/ball, but ended up missing my chance! There is something undeniably wonderful about these portraits, and I'm determined to someday track down a booth, lover in hand. x


x


x


x


x


x


x

3 comments:

  1. A person who so obviously has something to hide, or perhaps many things to hide is closer to the truth, may have trouble finding that lover to be in hand, at least a real, genuine lover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, if you ever find one let me know! I agree, there's so much beauty and whimsy in something like that, and what better way to commit a moment with a lover to memory than against such a charming background. Please keep on writing, I do enjoy it ever so much. With love from an Australian reader of yours x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so pretty!! how ever did you find these? It would be magical if your wish came true and I hope it does :)

    http://nadiadelacorazon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete