Friday, February 8, 2013

st. valentine

When I was little, Valentine's Day was my absolute favorite holiday, because I found nothing better than the quintessential elementary school Valentine's exchange, which always involved wonderful Tweety Bird cards and free heart-shaped candy (two things I will never tire of). As I got older, I became annoyed at how silly and commercial it seemed, and did nothing for Valentine's Day for a few years. Now, though, I think of it as simply an excuse to spread as much love as possible, even if it's through silly and rather commercial means. And nothing at all can beat the loveliness of vintage Valentine's, especially gorgeous handmade cards from the 19th century... 


x


x


x


Gorgeous Sherilyn Fenn. 


x


x


x


x


My own lipstick marks. 


x


x


x

A lovely 18th century Valentine (I'd like to make some of these this year!) x


3 comments:

  1. I think that every day is a chance to give love in return to life.. to be a little better and to breathe
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty picture, with the red shoes! If only one could like Audrey Horne every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was the exact same when I was a little one :) I utterly enjoyed the Valentine exchange and decorating our Valentine paper bags!! I wish even when we get older we still could have those.

    http://nadiadelacorazon.blogspot.jp/

    ReplyDelete