Tuesday, November 20, 2012

the gram, pt. 3

A sort-of-stranger once asked me: "How is your life so lovely? Can you teach me to be the way you are in the world? Everything seems so perfect; everything you do is full of the prettiest, most delicate things." While this flatters me endlessly, I don't find my life to be so lovely most of the time. It's not all soft, and lacy, and delicate. But quite often, the things that keep me going are. They are the little things, the gentle moments, the natural beauty that I come upon when walking down a road or through the aisles of a grocery store or in a relative's house. There is no secret to finding these beautiful things, besides the fact that you must learn to observe and to relax at the same time. I like to think that the prettiest things make themselves appear when someone goes through life always looking, but never searching. At least, that's what I try to do. 

(these lovelies are from the archives of my instagram feed, seen here)


x


x


x


x


x


x


x


x


x


x


x


x


x


x

No comments:

Post a Comment