Monday, May 14, 2012

'filmspiration'

I have had a very long list of movies-to-see for a very long time. At the beginning of this year (speaking of that, I can't believe it's mid-May already!), I decided that over the summer, I would try to watch every single film on my list (which averages to about one film per day). It's certainly do-able, though I've already managed to get a very small head-start, as I've been watching more films than usual lately. Every time I watch a film, I can't help but keep a running catalog in my mind of all the images onscreen that I'd like to see in still-form. Fortunately, I was able to find some of my favorite screenshots online. x



The Virgin Spring, Ingmar Bergman






 The Wicker Man, Robin Hardy




Donkey Skin, Jacques Demy

 x

Diary of a Shinjuku Thief, Nagisa Oshima



Belle de JourLuis Buñuel




As far as films I want to see go, I'm pretty excited for Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom! Just look at that fashion. x


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow these look beautiful! I want to see them all. I'm always on the lookout fir née films to watch :)

    xx Carina

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh oh oh, this is lovely! you should make some more filmspiration posts, its wonderful to find recommendations for new beautiful films!

    ReplyDelete